Saturday, October 07, 2006

Toolman Tang

This has been a week of serious renovations in our room. Electrical outlets replaced, new hanging light fixtures installed, storage units constructed, bunk bed erected, toddler bed assembled. I mean, there was some serious construction going on in our room. Dad took pictures not only of the final products we put together, but also of the fantastic help I offered (see above). I'm trying to remain humble, but the fact is, I'm quite sure that without my help, dad would not have been able to finish nearly as quickly as he did! Hurrah for me!

Check out the sweet bunk bed though! Being the oldest, I get to sleep on the top bunk, which is so close to the ceiling mom and dad had to make a new rule for me not to reach up and rub off the popcorn texture. The first night it was built, I didn't want to sleep up so high and instead slept on the bottom bunk with Isaac, but after having a chance to expore on and around it all the next day, I've decided it's pretty cool. The guardrails go all the way around the sides, and the ladder is really sturdy and not at all scary to climb. Now I love my bed!

2 comments:

andrew said...

Sweetness! Is that bed from IKEA?

Anonymous said...

Nope, from the Brick -- IKEA had beds, but I liked this one because of the guardrail that goes all the way around and the angled ladder that bolts to the side -- IKEA's guardrails didn't make a complete circuit and the ladders were all perfectly vertical. Those were both things I was insistent on having -- remember the ladder/guardrail for your and Jason's bunk bed? Alright for a teenager, but for a 4-year-old, definitely not!