Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm not scared anymore!

If I tried to list all the things I'm scared of, I'd probably run out memory before I'd run out of terrors, but if you asked me for the short list, it would definitely have to include bugs, dogs, being in front of people, and parts of certain movies (the robot in The Incredibles, the owl in The Secret of Nimh, Peace's fiery hands in Sky High, Sid in Toy Story, the sharks in Finding Nemo...). Strike one off the list though, because today will go down in history as "The Day I Conquered My Fear of The Dark Hallway," for this afternoon, I exited Apartment Canada and navigated the halls to the exit all by myself. And the first thing I said when I got to the car (where mom was already buckling in Lilly and Isaac) was "Mom, I went down the hall and I opened the door and I went outside all by myself, and I'm not scared anymore! I was all by myself, and I'm not scared anymore!" See below for the photo log of my perilous adventure:

Out the apartment door and to the left,


down the long hallway and through the hall door,


up the stairs and through the exit to the outside,


down the porch stairs


and to the car (right beside the dumpsters) -- congratulations me!

1 comment:

andrew said...

Good job Ethan! Next up, the dragon in the box! (I remember a time he was pushing a box around closed, and told me he wouldn't open it because he was scared of the dragon inside, yet he kept pushing it all over)