First, there was Jasper -- with its mountains, streams, and rocks
I especially liked the shiny rocks... but they didn't seem to like me -- ouch!
I ended up with a broken leg (for all that it looks like a bruised shin) after that accident... all is well though, and I made it through the rest of our trip and home alive. It didn't hurt too much, except for when anyone bumped it by accident. But it sure happened at a bad time, because one week after we came home from Jasper, mama yeye, Uncle Andrew, Auntie Liew, and Andersen arrived at our door to visit! From then on, it seemed like everyday we welcomed yet another set of cousins to our home, and by the time the following Friday came and we all took a trip to Calgary together to see Tai Ma's gravesite, there were lots of us little people gathered together!

I was a little shocked when Uncle Sam told me Tai Ma Ma was in the ground, covering my mouth in shock and pointing, "You mean, down there?"

The four-day family reunion was a blast, although it did have its ups and downs.

Then there was the long trip to Michigan, passing through Saskatoon, Winnipeg, and somewhereorother in Minnesota before we finally arrived!
And the changes don't end there -- I'll have to post pictures later, but a couple of weeks after our arrival, our stuff finally came and took over our living room. Two days after that, we went to Indiana to visit Jen and Evan for a few days before mom, James, and I got on an airplane and went to Idaho for a family reunion (Lilly and Isaac stayed with Evan, and daddy stayed in Michigan). When we come back, we'll be just about ready to move into our new home, and THEN, we'll be able to settle in. What an eventful summer this is turning out to be! Meanwhile, four weeks post-injury, my leg isn't quite good enough to run on, but I'm not scooting around on my bum anymore, and I'm not even limping too badly anymore. By the time it heals up pretty much all the way, it'll be fall and I'll start kindergarten! Wow!
1 comment:
That's an awesome video....I'm sure he'll love that one when he gets older!
Post a Comment