Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First time Skiing!

Dad had a day and a half off work last week, so the whole family went to Banff on an impromptu vacation together. Dad had already been planning on going skiing anyways, but he and mom only decided last minute that everyone would go and not just him. I'm glad we got to go!

The first day while dad was skiing, the rest of us spent most of our time in the hotel (we did venture out to the townsite, but it was quite cold, so we only stayed out for an hour or so). That was relaxing, but not exactly "fun." While at the resort that day, dad found out lift tickets are free for kids 5 and under, and thought it might be fun for me to try it out. The next morning, he left early on a bus and skied the morning by himself, but after checking out of the hotel at 11, mom drove us to meet him at the ski hill. Dad wondered if I would be apprehensive, but he needn't have worried. I talked about going skiing all morning!

When I finally got to the hill and met dad, I first got my lift ticket,

Then we rented skis.

After taking the gondola from the parking lot to the resort, I took my first ride to the top of the bunny hill on the magic carpet.

It took me no time at all to feel comfortable on skis and before long was asking dad if I could go faster and faster!


So we went up the chairlift to ski down a bigger hill.

The first half of the way, dad skied backwards in front of me while holding my ski tips together in a snowplow to help me stay in control. Then I told dad I was tired so he stood behind me and helped me ski the rest of the way down the hill and back to the gondola. The gondola ride to the bottom was fun, and we met mom at the bottom. What a fun time I had!

2 comments:

the man said...

That's so cool dude, way to be poppa and Ethan... You got The Man's stamp of approval!

nana and atom said...

that IS really cool! Love the pics, especially the one going up the magic carpet, that's really cute.